Roof Depot, Inc. (Charlotte Office) is currently looking to fill a position opening as a Traveling Residential and Commercial Roofing Superintendent. The ideal candidate must have extensive production experience, as well as roofing experience. The applicant will report directly to his Project Manager on several projects that are assigned to him. The applicant must be able to recruit crews and labor force to complete the projects assigned on time and under budget. The applicant will need to insure that all crews and labor force properly fill out all documents required for proper employment with the company. Applicant will be responsible for training crews hired and instructing the crews on any and all specifications required for each project. Applicant must have strong personable skills and be able to effectively communicate with our customers. Applicant will be required to maintain, submit on time, and complete Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Reports, as well as any other documents required by our customers for each project assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are being met.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures to determine the best way for installation of the roofing systems.
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers
- Must be able to physically work under extreme climate conditions.
- Must be able to physically move 80lbs +/- in material around jobsites.
- Must be able to climb roofs of varying pitches and heights.
- Effectively communicate with customers
- Attend production and safety meetings when required.
- Fill our all documents completely and submit on time for every project.
- Successfully recruit, process, train, and supervise crews.
- Must be willing to travel 90% of the time via automobile at long distances through multiple states.
- Must be able to identify potential problems before they arise and determine as well as implement effective solutions to those potential problems.
- Must ensure that everyone working for the company abides by all Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Maintains close communication with Project Manager
- Must be willing to work weekends if needed
- Must ensure that all materials, equipment, and tools are order, delivered, accounted for each project.
- Must coordinate with Purchasing to ensure timely deliveries of all material, equipment, and tools.
- Must always maintain high standards for quality control.
- 3-4 years experience in roofing
- Must know shingle roofing systems ( Knowledge of Metal, Tile, and TPO roofing systems a plus)
- Excellent Organizational Skills, self motivator, and can follow orders as well as direction without question
- High School Diploma a must (College a plus)
- Computer and Digital Camera skills required (proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel a plus)
- Must speak English (Spanish and English a plus)
- Ability to travel 90% of the time
- Must be willing to submit and PASS A DRUG and ALCOHOL TEST (Random drug and alcohol tests will be administered)
- Must have a clean criminal background (No FELONIES “EVER”)
- Must have a clean driving required and be able to pass a Motor Vehicle Driving Record Report
- OSHA 10 Hour, Forklift, and Man lift Certifications A Plus
Must be able to physically work at high elevations and carry heavy material
About The Roof Depot, Inc.:
As a leader in the Commercial and Residential roofing industry since 1998, Roof Depot has grown from serving the greater Atlanta area to working in over 15 states, including the U.S. Virgin Islands in a wide variety of projects. Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Roof Depot has office locations in Georgia, North Carolina and Florida. Roof Depot has the capability to handle a diverse variety of projects from single-family residences to multi-building, multi-type projects with flat, low slope, steep slope, tile, or slate systems.