ABOUT THE COMPANY
Since 1998 Roof Depot has served residential and commercial roofing needs throughout the Southeast. We have provided quality products and service to our customers through ongoing training with leading roofing manufacturers. Roof Depot approaches every project delivering quality workmanship quickly, safely, and within budget.
Our technicians receive extensive on-going training from GAF, Owens Corning, and CertainTeed ensuring they have the necessary skills to perform virtually every area of service needed in the repair or replacement of a wide variety of roofing systems. We have attained GAF Certified Roofing Contractor status, Owens Corning Preferred Contractor status, and CertainTeed Quality Master Contractor status. This recognition allows Roof Depot to offer the maximum warranty benefits available, insuring that the roof we install for you is guaranteed against all manufacturer defects.
Whether you own a residential home, multi-family dwelling, business, or commercial building Roof Depot delivers dedication and expertise to every project we do. Because of this approach, we continue to earn the loyalty and trust of our clients, employees, suppliers, and associated trade professionals.
Involved in all stages of Project Management for the Commercial Shingle Department. The Commercial Shingle Project Manager will be responsible for acquiring, negotiating, estimating, and managing the Shingle Department Team. They will plan and coordinate all aspects of the shingle installation process, including hiring, and working with General Contractors on a daily basis. They will also be responsible for the maintaining the shingle budget, as well as coordinate with the Purchasing Department to ensure the material orders are correct and delivered on time. Must be willing to climb roofs and preform roofing inspections.
- Planswitt or a equivalent estimating software
- Microsoft Office (Strong skills in Excel)
- Expert in asphalt shingle installation methods.
- Expert in asphalt shingle roofing manufacturers and shingle installation recommendations
- Expert in all shingle components and their installation process
- Expert in all aspects of the Shingle Roofing Industry
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish)
- Directly responsible for the effective management of the employees and materials for proper installation of shingle roofing systems.
- Involved in all the stages of production and installation of shingle installation. Be it the pre-planning stage or the stage of production control and evaluation of the plans.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate shingle departmental activities, while insuring timely installation of the shingle roofing systems.
- Follow established procedures and approved processes.
- Schedule and monitor all phases of project management process
- Supervise all shingle production operations.
- Project Manager plan strategies to increase the shingle roof installation productivity.
- Coordinate safety training programs for employees, roof subcontractor, fleet vehicles, forklifts and equipment.
- Ensure that the collaboration between work departments is lucid and there are no communication gaps.
- Appoint teams to analyze the quality of the products and installation, so that in the quest to reach targets, quality of the product and installation doesn't deteriorate.
- Closely monitors the performance of superintendents to ensure that the target of shingle production quality is achieved.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and contractors.
- Attend meetings with senior managers to discuss the problems in production (if any), and installation.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered materials on time.
- Must have strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Supervision, including employee hiring and retention, performance review and discipline.
- Strong safety acumen
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Employee training and development
- Measurement of performance to goals and standards.
- Strong team player
- Flexible: Must fit in and work well with all kinds and types of people
- PLANNING, INSTALLATION, AND PRODUCTION ABILITIES
- An ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results.
- Inventory management.
- Systems and continuous improvement orientation.
- Quality orientation and attention to detail.
- Problem shingle installation analysis and resolution.
- Quality shingle management.
- Must be able to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Must be familiar with commercial construction and commercial shingle application.
- Must have complete knowledge of production scheduling, company operations, and field installations.
- This position requires that the person be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Will be computer literate, shingle production planning, and inventory control applications.
- Must be extremely organized.
- Record of accomplishing assignments on time.
- Ability to travel
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Approximately 80% of time on the job is spent standing up
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly and 100 pounds occasionally
- Works in an office and field environment
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and occasionally bend and move about the facility.
- Ability to climb ladders and maneuver in small spaces
- Job may require a significant amount of time spent outside being subject to various weather conditions.
- Ideal candidate should have experience in asphalt shingle products.
Compensation & Benefits offered:
- Competitive wage.
- Paid Vacation.
- Paid Holidays: New Year, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
- Health Insurance.
- Company truck w/company gas card.
Please Reply with Resume attached.
About The Roof Depot, Inc.:
As a leader in the Commercial and Residential roofing industry since 1998, Roof Depot has grown from serving the greater Atlanta area to working in over 15 states, including the U.S. Virgin Islands in a wide variety of projects. Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Roof Depot has office locations in Georgia, North Carolina and Florida. Roof Depot has the capability to handle a diverse variety of projects from single-family residences to multi-building, multi-type projects with flat, low slope, steep slope, tile, or slate systems.